York, State College, or Pittsburgh, PA
Duties & Responsibilities
Barton Associates is looking to hire an Electrical Designer at our York, State College, or Pittsburgh, PA offices. This position is expected to:
- Work with engineers to determine project design criteria, applicable building and energy codes, and full building electrical systems design.
- Provide input on and assistance with equipment selections, calculations, and layouts for building systems generally consisting of building services, grounding systems, emergency systems, lighting, building power, and low voltage design and layout including fire alarm, nurse call, telecommunications, and other specialty low voltage building systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualified electrical designer candidates should:
- Possess a 2-year Electrical Engineering Technology Associates Degree or an accredited Engineering or Architectural Engineering degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in electrical system design.
- Experience with healthcare and/or educational projects in a consulting engineering environment is a plus.
- Have advanced experience working with AutoCAD and REVIT.