State College, PA
Duties & Responsibilities
Barton Associates is looking to hire an experienced Electrical Engineer at any of our office locations. This position is expected to:
- Work with multi-discipline project teams and clients to determine project design criteria, applicable building and energy codes, and full building electrical systems design.
- Provide equipment selections, calculations, and layouts for building systems generally consisting of building services, grounding systems, emergency systems, lighting, building power, and low voltage design and layout including fire alarm, nurse call, telecommunications, and other specialty low voltage building systems.
- Interact with clients to discuss system design alternatives and recommended solutions and work with designers to implement projects.
- Exhibit solid technical and communication skills with project team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualified electrical engineer candidates should:
- Possess an accredited Electrical or Architectural Engineering degree and an active Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Possess a minimum of (6) years of experience.
- Possess advanced electrical system engineering skills.
- Have advanced experience working with AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Experience with healthcare and/or educational projects in a consulting engineering environment is a plus.