York, PA and Raleigh-Durham, NC
Duties & Responsibilities
Barton Associates is looking to hire a Systems Specialist at our York, PA office or Raleigh-Durham, NC area. This individual should be well-versed in Windows and cloud environments. The individual will assist the Manager in establishing, installing, configuring, and maintaining systems, including workstations, servers, cloud, networking, and security-related technologies for all offices while supporting users on-premises, fully remote, and hybrid. The Systems Specialist will provide leadership in training and guiding staff members with all technology-related matters. In addition, this individual will be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve and enhance current systems. Systems Specialist is dynamic and strategic in reviewing and managing IT systems around support, project management, systems upgrades, and security. If you are an individual who follows best practices and has a full understanding of Windows and cloud services such as Azure, SharePoint, Intune, Teams, and OneDrive with an emphasis on security, we would like to hear from you. This position is expected to:
- Implementing and integrating operational and engineering-specific software across several sites with unique user requirements, infrastructure technology assets, and activities with fully remote or hybrid employees.
- Analyze and tune current infrastructure, including workstations, laptops, mobile devices, servers, and networking, to increase security while improving performance.
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments, including Azure, Intune, SharePoint, Exchange, MS Teams, and Power Automate.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues related to hardware or software applications such as Windows Server, VMWare (Horizon VDI), MS O365 Office, Bluebeam, Cisco, Sophos, SQL, Autodesk products, etc.
- Managing user access through Azure and on-premises Active Directory while providing oversight for system access. Review ACLs, GPOs, and NTFS security.
- Utilize Sophos endpoint and XG firewalls to ensure that perimeters are secure.
- Evolving network that supports information sharing among multiple data centers while following best practices in cybersecurity.
- Designing and upgrading existing systems helping with future advancements in software or hardware.
- Establishing clear lines of communication for responsive technical support.
- Assisting Manager with security, regulatory, and technology audits.
- Assisting with vendor relationships and ensuring vendors are providing cost-effective solutions.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with all staff while encouraging growth and performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualified Systems Specialist candidates should:
- Posses a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Azure, or Security related certifications preferred.
- Certifications in Microsoft security, compliance, and identity fundamentals are preferred.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in networking, IT infrastructure including cloud, firewalls (Sophos, Cisco, Microsoft, and software support.
- Firm understanding of key software including MS Office (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), SharePoint, Azure, Active Directory, and server management.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical employees. Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible and quick learner, able to adapt to changing environments by identifying new approaches in a continuously evolving environment.
- Willingness to be held accountable and receive feedback with an emphasis on not discussing or sharing sensitive information. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Commitment to Barton’s vision and values with a demonstrated high degree of integrity.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability in managing own workload while multi-tasking and achieving set goals in a timely manner.
- A full-time 40-hour week with benefits.
- In-office with the ability for remote office travel.
- Hybrid and flex schedule availability.
- Salary is negotiable based on previous experience and current skillsets.